Most Olean area residents understand the importance of driving safely and obeying traffic laws. Unfortunately, there are still drivers out there who believe they are above the law and put everyone they meet at risk. Speeding is one of the leading causes of traffic accidents and car accident deaths. These accidents are completely preventable.
The impact on speed on traffic crashes
Speeding is a factor in nearly 10,000 fatal crashes in the United States each year. Despite the fact that speeding is entirely preventable, drivers continue to speed and drive well over the speed limit every day. So how bad is speeding?
- In 2019 there were 36,096 people killed in a car crash in the U.S. Of those deaths, over 9,000 were related to speeding.
- Speeding increases a driver’s risk of losing control of their vehicle.
- When a driver speeds they need more distance in order to safely stop their vehicle.
- Speeding reduces a driver’s reaction time.
- Speeding often increases the severity of a car accident and the resulting damage and injuries.
Legal recourse for victims of auto accidents
If a person has been injured in a car accident due to no fault of their own, they may want to speak with an attorney who specializes in personal injury cases. An attorney understands that careless drivers put innocent lives at risk every day. They are committed to standing up for innocent victims and holding negligent drivers responsible for their mistakes.
An auto accident can be complicated and navigating the medical complexities, insurance complexities and financial issues can be difficult. An attorney can handle all the dealings with insurance companies and make sure their client receives the compensation they deserve.
A car accident victim does not have to face this legal matter alone. An attorney is an important advocate for their client and their needs both now and into the future.